Welcome to Birchen Grove Garden Centre NW9
Birchen Grove Garden Centre NW9 (formerly The Greenhouse Garden Centre) is one of London's hidden gems. Surrounded by woodland and located right next to the beautiful Welsh Harp Nature Reserve, you could be forgiven for thinking you were in the heart of the countryside. But, in fact you are just 5 minutes away from Wembley Stadium, Brent Cross Shopping Centre and the North Circular Road. Plus there are 250 free parking spaces! Having been established for 10 years, the Birchen Grove Garden Centre is the largest garden centre in Greater London and carries an unrivalled stock of Indoor and Outdoor Plants, Garden Furniture, Barbecues, Tools, Garden Sundries and much more!
- Plant autumn-flowering crocuses 27 July 2017
- Lift and dry onions, shallots and garlic 24 July 2017
- Find inspiration at this year’s RHS Flower Show Tatton Park 21 July 2017
- It’s not too late to be sowing more veg for your plot 17 July 2017
- Remove algae and pond weed from water features 17 July 2017
Lawn care in hot weather
In warm, sunny spells adjust your mowing routine to keep your lawn in tip-top condition and help it weather the heat. Raise the blades of the mower higher than you would have them normally, and mow less often: the extra length of the grass protects the roots from drying out. Leaving the grass-collecting box off helps too: the clippings act as a mulch, helping keep moisture in the soil.