Welcome to Birchen Grove Garden Centre NW9
Birchen Grove Garden Centre NW9 (formerly The Greenhouse Garden Centre) is one of London's hidden gems. Surrounded by woodland and located right next to the beautiful Welsh Harp Nature Reserve, you could be forgiven for thinking you were in the heart of the countryside. But, in fact you are just 5 minutes away from Wembley Stadium, Brent Cross Shopping Centre and the North Circular Road. Plus there are 250 free parking spaces! Having been established for 10 years, the Birchen Grove Garden Centre is the largest garden centre in Greater London and carries an unrivalled stock of Indoor and Outdoor Plants, Garden Furniture, Barbecues, Tools, Garden Sundries and much more!
- Grow microgreens 9 December 2016
- What to do in the garden in December 5 December 2016
- A new pop-up ‘White Garden’ at Kensington Palace is to pay tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales 2 December 2016
- DECEMBER – HTA PLANT OF THE MOMENT FESTIVE FAVOURITES – HTA THE HOLLY AND THE IVY 1 December 2016
- Ambassadors for gardening are setting out to enthuse a new generation 30 November 2016
Cut back hedges
Now deciduous hedges like beech and hawthorn are dormant, you can cut them back hard if they've outgrown their welcome. Cut the hedge 30cm lower than the height you want to allow for new growth, and consider doing the two sides in alternate years to allow plants to recover.